Not yo’ mama’s suit!
Look, y’all. I hate shopping for swimsuits. Hate. It.
Shopping for a suit that looks halfway decent is like drinking just one glass of wine. Rarely happens, friends. I need it to cover what jiggles, hold in what I don’t want popping out, and cover the majority of my tush so I don’t embarrass my pre-teen son. BUT, since I want to participate in activities with my kiddos that involve the water, this mama went in search for a trendy swimsuit that won’t mortify my kids or mind wearing to a church-hosted swim night.
And lucky for you, I’m sharing my favorites!
1) Cremieux Floral Bra Sized Keyhole High Neck ($66) and Engineered Scarf Print High Waist Bottom ($58)
I’m crazy about this print and the high waisted bottoms are super flattering.
2) Jag Leafy Escape High Neck Racerback Tankini ($88) and Jag Core Solid Boy Leg Short Swim Bottom ($58)
If you’ve got active kids to chase after, this racerback will keep annoying straps from falling.
Ruching is our friend, girls. Side drape ANYTHING and it makes our waist look magically more narrow. God bless it.
4) Lauren by Ralph Lauren Plus Dot Halter Top ($64) and Lauren by Ralph Lauren Plus Dot High Waist Skirted Bottom ($74)
This halter will keep the girls where you want them (perky and covered, please and thank you).
You guys. It’s a romper. I FREAKING LOVE THIS. *clicks add to cart*
Cold-shoulder tops are everywhere this season and this suit adds in a fun ruffle just to show off. Well played.
7) Gibson & Latimer Tropical One-Piece ($84)
Who doesn’t love a sexy cutout? These are PTA approved.
8) Women’s Scallop High Neck Bikini Swim Top – Vanilla Beach ($24.99)
Real Talk: This looks just like a Kate Spade suit that goes for over $100. Just sayin’.
9) Women’s Slimming Control Striped High Neck Bikini Swim Top – Beach Betty™ by Miracle Brands™ ($34.99) and Women’s Slimming Control MidRise Shirred Bikini Swim Bottom (29.99)
Preppy and flattering, wear this suit on Memorial Day weekend with nautical anchor sandals. Ahoy!
Peplum and flattering stripes? I’m in.
Sheer cutouts keep it classy.
Love the dreamy floral print with cutouts on this long line top. BUT, you might want to look for different bottoms bc the one’s that match are Brazilian cut. Might scare the neighbors…
13) Women’s Plus Size Flounce One Piece – Ava & Viv™ ($39.99)
Um. I have this. And I look pretty cute in it. That’s all the info you need to know it’s a great suit. (No, that’s not me modeling it. Aren’t you precious?)
14) Lace-Up Rashguard for Women ($32.94)
Keep your skin safe with this cute rashguard top. I’m looking at you, gingers!
15) Ruffled One-Shoulder Swimsuit for Women ($39.94)
Simple and classic with a fun ruffle detail; this hits all the high notes.
16) Grace in Vintage Floral ($108)
Roughing and ruffles, my favorite. Also, this suit has adjustable straps!
17) Celia in Hello Sunshine Top ($79)
This sweet neckline and soft grey make this a go-to top. Add in some high waist bottoms and you’re ready for the beach!
18) Marie in Hello Sunshine ($120)
This suit is a top, boy cut shorts, and a swim skirt all in one!
BONUS: All KJ suits have matching kiddo sizes!
19) Latter-Back Top ($68) and Ruched Bottoms ($36)
This crop-top has removable bra cups and wide straps for extra comfort. Oh, and a super sexy back!
20) Tied Up Top ($36) and Tie-Up Front Bottoms ($32)
This laid back top can be worn on and off the lake this summer!